Sunday 10 November 2013

Development or Statues


I wrote few months back why the Politicians of India failed to understand the real issues & problems. I also wrote the reason for them spending their time & money in development of monuments & memorial. The main agenda of doing such thing is to secure & safeguard of political vote Bank. I quoted the example of Mayavati that how she took lead from all the politicians and made statue of herself along with Baba Saheb Ambedkar.

There was a talk of making a monument of Shivaji in Arebian Sea. I criticized the government decision for such project as it was capital expenditure with no revenue benefit to the government or public. Though government told that it will increase tourism revenue for the government but at the same time, the quantum of money we were spending on such project was very high can be used for other social development issues.

India is among the country of malnutrition and under nourished population. India's health sector is yet below the expectation and we are spending money on development of monuments. There were many people criticized Maharashtra government decision for construction of Shivaji Statue but now I see the same class of people supporting Naredra Modi's decision for construction of Sardar Patel's statue.

I thought person like Narendra Modi will think beyond the statue alas I am wrong. He would have decided to make an International hospital with same money than making a statue. What is your opinion on Sardar's statue? Do write me your opinion on k9kamal@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.